Saturday, February 26, 2011

Small



I am small.

Just an everyday woman, with an ordinary life.

I am nobody important.
I am not elite.
I am not well read.

I don't have wealth, position, or power.
There is nothing about me that stands out in a crowd.

In fact, by the world's standards of measurement,
I am insignificant. Small.

Still...

Sometimes, I feel big.

Big ideas.
Big hopes.
Big aspirations.


They seem unlikely, even impossible.

But, then I remember...

I have a great big God!

He knows my dreams, for He planted them in my heart.
He understands my ideas, but He thinks even bigger.
He is the author of hope. Of love. Of life.
And he loves to vanquish the "impossible".

How grateful I am for His sovereignty.
How amazed I am by His grace.
How small I am in His presence.
How great is His love for me.

I search His word and recall His faithful promises.
I meditate on His unending truth.
I fix my eyes on His majesty.
And I remember...

I may be small.
But, My God is big enough.

I have seen His deliverance.
I have witnessed his provision.
I have experienced His faithfulness.

“Sovereign LORD, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?" (Deuteronomy 3:24)

And suddenly...I don't feel so small anymore.

4 comments:

  1. I am inspired by you, dear Becky. Praying all is well with you in Sierra Lione.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I enjoyed your writing. So excited about reading your new book, can't wait! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete