Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jericho


The past few days, I have felt like my family and I are walking around Jericho. This week, we are awaiting to hear from a potential birth mother who is considering us for her unborn child's forever family.

Friday morning, I prayed for our chosen child and told God that I would walk whatever path He placed before us regarding our adoption journey. Of course, I imagined He would lead us to an agency or an adoption ministry that we have already researched. Little did I know, God was already at work, and we were already on a path. Where it leads, I do not not. Still, we continue to step in faith as we pray for victory.

Within hours of my prayer on Friday morning, a door opened in our adoption. In obedience, we have followed God's path. Remarkably, we learned of this unborn precious baby girl on Friday afternoon, put our profile together Friday evening, and it was in the hands of the birth mother shortly after. Truly, it is a miraculous turn of events that only God can accomplish. Honestly, I have no idea how many days we will walk around Jericho.

Now all we can do is trust, obey, and wait for God to declare victory. It isn't easy. In fact, waiting is so much harder than I ever imagined. Still, we must persevere and endure. In faith, we press on. In prayer, we look to God for strength. In hope, we ask for God's will to be done.

Yet, here is what really knocks my socks off, as I ponder the happenings of the past few days. One way or the other, God has declared victory for this child. Some lucky family will receive the blessing of this little girl, as she will make her way into this big world in mid-June. Her courageous birth mother, who has chosen to honor her baby's life, will decide with whom this precious child shall live and grow into womanhood. I hope and pray we are that family. But, even if we are not, I celebrate God's goodness. I acknowledge His great power. And, I pledge to keep walking around Jericho until He brings our baby home.

We are all waiting for victory in some area of life. While we anticipate the homecoming of our chosen child, others await employment, financial security, emotional or physical healing. Some, like us, may be waiting on the arrival of a child. I challenge you today to remember that God is the same today as He was yesterday. We are told "the LORD said to Joshua, 'See, I have delivered Jericho into your hands'." (Joshua 6:2) Never doubt that our awesome God has already declared victory over the obstacles in your midst. It may not be in your timing. It may not look the way you imagine. And it probably won't come the way you expect. Regardless,one day, He shall blow the trumpet and declare victory in the Jericho of your life and mine.

What a day that shall be! So keep walking. Keep praying. Keep hoping...and listen for the trumpet. And watch the walls of Jericho crumble at your feet.

Reading: Joshua 6

Reflection: How are you waiting on God today?

Dear Heavenly Father,
We trust in your mighty power and we await your victory as we walk around Jericho today. We thank you that you are the same mighty God that brought down the walls of Jericho for the Israelites. We recognize that You, Father, are the same mighty God today. And we wait to rejoice as you bring the walls of Jericho down in our midst. Thank you, LORD, that victory has already been declared by your power.
-Amen

1 comment:

  1. Awww! That's so Exciting! I'm so happy to hear it! I am adopted along with 3 of my biological siblings! I just want to say "Thank you!" I'm happy you are doing that! It makes me SO happy! Come visit my blog if you wanna learn more about my story! Thanks! Come follow if you want too! :) Blessings! God is so good! ;)

    ReplyDelete