Tuesday, March 8, 2011

His Child




Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— (John 1:12)


"Mommy, do you know you are a child of God?" my precious daughter Sofie sweetly asked as we finished our errands late yesterday afternoon. "Yes, sweetheart. I remember." I answered her. But the sad truth is...I had forgotten.

Somewhere, in the hectic pace of the day, I had lost my way. In the moments of discouragement and stress, I had temporarily forgotten who I am to the One that matters most in my life. For although I KNEW I belong to God, I had forgotten how it FEELS to be His.

With a heavy heart, distracted by the many things out of my control in this life, I went on with the rest of my day. And when I went to bed last night, I felt depleted. Dicouraged. Defeated.

This morning, I found myself back in my van as I drove to my part-time tutoring job. Then I heard a song that seemed to wake up my sleeping heart, as I began to remember who I am...In Him.

The words to the song say...

"You are a child of Mine,
Born of My own design,
And you bear the heart of life.
No matter where you go,
Oh, you will always know,
You have been made free in Christ.
You are a child of Mine."

(You Are A Child Of Mine by Mark Shultz)

No doubt today has had its own set of missteps, setbacks,
and disappointments. But, today I remember...

I am His.
God wove me together for His purpose.
He placed me in this time and the place for His glory.
He will not fail and He is never late.
He sees me. All of me. The good and bad. What is and what is yet to be.
He calls me beloved daughter.
My Heavenly Father is with me. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.
All the days of my life...
He is for me.

Nothing that happens to me today can change that.
For I am His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment