Tuesday, March 1, 2011

He Will




I have always be a "can do" kind of gal.

Filled with determination and an overly developed sense of independence, I have sometimes felt like the "Little Engine That Could". Recently, however, I changed my mantra from "I think I can" to "I know He will".

Truly, in this life, there is much I cannot do.

Alone.

But I am not alone.

I know the One who placed the stars in the Heavens.
I rest with the One who wove me together.
I walk with the One who measured the seas.
Surely, the LORD directs my steps.
And He has a plan for me. And you.

I do not know beyond today where tomorrow will lead.

But I know Him.

And I know this...He is my God.

He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and always present. I need not burden myself with worry or doubt, for God says, "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" (Jeremiah 32:27 NIV)

I choose, instead to wait. to watch. To worship the one true God. Sovereign and unshaken.

Yesterday.
Today.
Tomorrow.

He never tires. Never ceases. Never forgets. And He is never late.

Truly, the LORD will see his plans for me to their completion. Not because of who I am or what I have done, but because of who He is and What He has already done for me. And You, dear one.

I don't know your circumstances.
Your disappointments.
Your regrets.

Still, today, this very moment, I challenge you to say...
"I cannot...but God can. And He will."


In His time.

It's a promise.

And God keeps His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment