Friday, March 18, 2011

Let It Go...




After all, "It is the LORD my God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him." (Deuteronomy 13:4)


It's been one of those days when I blink and it is over. Finally, I sit. Alone. With nothing but my thoughts. The tape is playing again...

I remember my missteps.
Ponder my failures.
Relive regrets and missed opportunities.

And I let out a sigh feeling utterly defeated.

Then, I hear it...a still, small voice that says, "Let it go for you are more."

I listen harder to hear it again and my heart begins to remember...

I am more than my missteps.
I am more than my failures.
I am God's beloved.

I am one He loved so much that
He gave Christ's life to redeem me
from my sin...


From my missteps.
From my failures.
From my regrets and missed opportunities.

So I must let them go, so that I can grasp all that God wants to give me.
His peace.
His presence.

All are mine for the taking.
When I just let go...

and let God be enough in my life.

He won't let me go.


Heavenly Father,
I give it all to you. My strife. My worry. My disappointement. My failure. My sin. I am letting it go to open my hand to all that you want for me. Take it from me today, so that I might be ready to grasp the new opportunities you have placed before me. I praise you, LORD, that you never let me go.
-Amen


Reflection: What are you holding tightly that must be released today?

No comments:

Post a Comment